Monday, July 8, 2013

Best Buds

My second time around as guest designer for the Craft Room.

For the current challenge, Julia is asking you to create something vintage, but not cute, using a rubber stamp. I decided to ink up my new Art Journey stamp set, Friends 2.  These stamps remind me of the 1950's.  It doesn't seem that long ago, but it is considered mid-century and vintage--like me!!!!!  I fell in love with this stamp of the guys.  They look like they'll stick together through thick and thin. 


I swiped and spritzed Ranger Distress Inks Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and Wild Honey, then dragged Stampin' Up Whisper White cardstock through the inky blend of color.  I used Mustard Seed to stamp some background.

Then I stamped the True Meridian with Wild Honey.  I thought it looked like the sun or moon and liked the fact that it was a "true meridian", something the guys would gaze at as they contemplate their futures.   

The guys, barbed wire, and Friends are stamped with Jet Black Archival ink.

I placed the card on a black card stock card base.

All the stamps are from the Art Journey set, Friends 2.


Also entering this card here:

A Card a Day challenge: July: Just for Men 
Won the July prize

All Sorts Challenge Week 214 Favourite Things:  This is my go-to inky technique--something easy and effective--therefore making it my favorite.  And this is one of my favorite stamps. 


Stampin' Royalty Challenge #183:  Anything Goes

All blog buttons for these challenges are in the sidebar.

13 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Definitely 1950s - it does West Side Story for me! - love the warm honey tones.
Alison x

Sharon said...

This looks great Helene!

Tina Campbell said...

The card is just fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Card A Day Blog

Krisha said...

I LOVE this card!! Fist thought was "The Jersey Boys". We saw the play in Los Vegas. Also being "vintage" myself I really relate to this card.

Netty said...

Fab colourings and choice of image Helene, hugs Annette x

catherine said...

This looks so fantastic and love the stamps and colour. Thanks for sharing your favourite things over at Allsorts this week
x catherine

Mervi said...

Hi Helene, fabulous card, retro western style, love the beautiful background too.
Thanks for being our GDT this month.
Craft-Room Challenge DT;-))m

Zoechaos said...

So it's an Art Journey stamp went looking for it recently thought it was Crafty Individuals or Paper Artsy. Know what I'm looking for now!

Sorry to be late popping by to see this one computer troubles. Love this card and your great take of Julia's theme, lovely to have you with us again as GDT thank you for being so generous with your talent and time XOXO Zoe

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thank you for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Debi said...

just love the yellow with that stamp- as you say very 1950's, lovely to have you as Guest Designer again at Craft room Challenge :-) Debi x

hazel said...

This is fabulous Helene, love the colour. It's great to have you as our Guest Designer at the Craft Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

craft-roomjulia said...

Hi Helene, first of all apologies for the lateness of this comment. Thank you for your wonderful vintage contribution for my theme this fortnight, its a truly beautiful creation and just the kind of thing I was looking for. Julia Craft Room Challenge DT xxxxx

Maria said...

Wow, I LOVE this Helene! The background is fabulous, and the stamp of the three guys is perfect - I love how they're standing on the barbed wire, and I agree, it does remind you of the '50s. Great to have you back as our Guest Designer :-).

Maria xxxxx

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album