Sunday, March 16, 2014

Three French Hens

It's time for the mid-month Christmas challenge at My Artistic Adventures.  We're up to "3" on the Twelve Days of Christmas so I went with the traditional Three French Hens.



Feel free to create any Christmas make as long as you use something digital from Heather's My Artistic Adventures Etsy and you use the prompt  "on the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me" or three of anything.  Heather has lots of examples on her blog.

I was thinking about cooking a great holiday dinner using farm fresh eggs and chicken.  Of course, there will be gifts in kraft bags topped with special tags.

I used Heather's Creamy Shabby Chic Victorian Vintage medium tag bases.  I wanted sedate yet sophisticated patterns that you'd find in a French country kitchen.  These tags fit the bill perfectly.  I like that there are several different background patterns in this set, adding variety to the same French hen that I printed three times.
Cream shabby Chic Victorian Vintage Medium Tag Bases Digital Collage sheet Printable


I added the free hen image from the Graphics Fairy website.  I converted her png file to a clear background so that I could place in directly onto the tags before printing them.  I colored the leaves with a green marker. I printed on white paper the scroll "Le Poulet", fussy cut and glued on top.  The tags are edged with black marker, and vintage green ribbon tops them off.

Be sure to visit Heather's My Artistic Adventures blog to see more makes from the design team and the entry qualifications for this challenge #6.  Can't wait to your entry linked up there!

I'm entering my gift bags in:

ABC Christmas Challenge:  E is for Enclosed (boxes or gift bags) 
I WON!!!  Prize and Top 3 !!!!!!

Crafty Bloggers Network March challenge:  Nature
Crafty Hazelnut's Craft Challenge March Extra Anything Goes
Cheerful Stamp Pad:  Anything Goes

13 comments:

Shea said...

These tags are so elegant and beautifully done, and you've merchandised them PERFECTLY!

Shea said...

Meant to add that I love the doily behind the one!

Carol Salisbury said...

Helene, These are great!
It's amazing how you can take such a simple brown bag and make it so beautiful!
Love what you did with Heather's tags..that french hen is wonderful!
Hugs!

Sandi McLean said...

Your tags are gorgeous, perfect French Country kitchen! So sophisticated Helene, they should be in a high end gift shop. Out of the park friend! Hugs,

Jan said...

Simply stunning tags xx Jan

Words and Pictures said...

Oh I love them! Brilliant images, and I just love the krafty look - understated, gorgeous, right up my street!
Alison x

Rocky said...

Love them, they're so elegant too. Thank you for sharing them with us at CHNC.

Hazel said...

Love your tags. Thanks for sharing them for Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 81: anything goes , Hazel, DT - and also for my CHNC challenge extra for March - hope to see you again soon x

Michele said...

this has such a classic look! just beautiful. thank you for playing along with our "anything goes" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo

Heather said...

I just love LOVE how these turned out...the french hens look great on the tag backgrounds!!
Love how you added the banner too!!
Hugs
Heather

Dorte said...

Lovely tags and gift bags, baautiful with the brown and green.
Thanks for joining our E challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
Dorte x

Carissa said...

Such a great idea! Love the simple elegance of these tags.
Thanks for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Carissa

Eulanda said...

Oh love these bags!! So vintage looking! Hugs!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album