Tuesday, April 7, 2009

USING LAYOUT LEFTOVERS FOR CARDS




This is the card I made from the monthly sketch for April at Coordinates Collections (CC). (See the link on the bar to the right under My Favorite Kit Clubs.) When I saw the butterflies on the sketch, I immediately thought of my scraps of Kimberly Poloson flocked paper from the CC Spinsters add -on kit that I used for
an earlier layout.
I also used brown and grey cardstock. I cut out the butterflies from the patterned paper. I added some Scattered Straw Distress Stickles to the Tim Holtz plain gray grungeboard alphas that spell "HOPE". A little Making Memories trim, a Kaiser Scrapbook rubon completed the card. I curled the wings so they'd be 3-D. With the left-overs, I made this "junior" card with a quote I stamped at my retreat. I punched 3 tiny flowers and curled them as well as the butterfly wings for some more 3-D effect.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album