Saturday, May 9, 2009

Queen Kat Designs


Yesterday I played with my new stamps from QKD. I was given one birthday set for entering the QKD challenge on SNR. The other stamps I bought last week when QKD was having a 40% off sale. Isn't Janice the bees knees? I was introduced to her on a card QKD featured with the sentiment Hang In There. When I made my card, I thought Drama Queen also was a good fit for her. I used some awesome double-sided paper, Blue Flannel Snuggle Up, from the paper line The Paper Element. The cardstock is a good heavy weight and worked well with the ink. The owner of the paper line gave me an awesome suggestion to use Ranger distress ink faded jeans to pick up the blue in the paper. I love the way this card turned out. The card is a beautiful orchid (Coordinations Core Color cardstock) that matches the bow perfectly. Somehow the lighting makes the card look pink, but it really isn't. (New camera next????) Back to the stamps, Drama is one of a long list of words on a rubber stamp sheet I bought at the Heirloom show in Indy. The crown is from a Maya Road Bingo acrylic stamp set that I got with my gift certificate. Bling from Hero Arts. (How do you like my green vinyl tablecloth for a background? I take my pics in the basement where we have good lighting for a photo shoot---or maybe not so good since the card turned out pink.) (QKD sketch)

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album