Thursday, June 18, 2009

IT'S QKD ROYAL COURT BLOG HOP WEDNESDAY





Here's my first official blog hop card as a RSM for Queen Kat Designs. Did you hop over from the Whimsical Ink Sorority? If you found me first, I'd encourage you to start the blog hop at the very beginning so that you don't miss anything: the official QKD blog: http://qkd.blogspot.com/ and then wind your way back to me. The two QKD stamps I used are the Hibiscus and the Hula Girl. Today's challenge was to include paint. If you'd like the details, keep reading. Otherwise, hop on over to Vicki: http://qksc.blogspot.com/ The background paper on this card was made by me during a special Prairie Stampers workshop (a great stampers club that I belong to). The technique is called Spanish Marbling. Essentially, you take what looks like a giant cookie sheet with sides, add water and paint, then swish your paper in the mixture and hang it up to dry. You may notice this type of design on old book covers. My other paint includes a black acrylic paint marker for the hair, and Forever Red Perfect Pearls on top of the hibiscus. Other products used you may also consider paint are watercolor pencils and Stickles including Scattered Straw Distress Stickles for the grass skirt. Some Sparkle gems complete the project. Note: I stamped the Hula girl twice. I used one image to cut out the flower on her hair and used a pop dot to layer it on top of the complete image. I used my fingernails to curl up the flower petals to give the hibiscus more dimension. Thanks for looking. If you like what you see, these two stamps are 35% off in the QKD store:http://katstamps.com/store/

5 comments:

Maria said...

OHh this looks wonderful, I may have to try that technique.

Maigan Lynn said...

Lovely work!! I love the spanish marble technique!

Jacqueline said...

Oh that background looks amazing! Great card!! Love the big flower!

deb famularo said...

soooooooooooooo CUTE!!! You really rock the cards girl!

Penny said...

incredible background!!! love this!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album