Saturday, May 1, 2010

April Showers Bring May Flowers






















It's really more like severe April weather brings May floods and flowers. We had a dangerous weather system move through our region last night.  But now the sun is shining brightly.  It's May 1, and I'm using more of the Basic Grey green at heart patterned papers because I'm thinking about all of those May flowers!

When I opened my Pages In Time Design Team box from Karen, I discovered a stack of Basic Grey half sheets from the green at heart line.  I also found in the box a white paper bag album ready to alter.  The two probably were meant for each other.  But I made two cards in the posts below and now this layout for National Scrapbooking Day! 

PIT DT Alda posted this sketch on April 22 for the Thursday Sketch of the Week.  I decided it would be a perfect match for using up this paper because Alda likes to do a lot of layering.  All the papers and stickers used in this layout are from the BG collection.  My goal was to use as much as possible.  PIT DT Barbara started a Flat Layout Lovers group and challenged us for the month of May to make a flat layout that actually fits inside our albums.  Between the two challenges, this is my result.  I created the layout first to meet my challenges, then I found the photo to go with it--the opposite of how I usually do it.  But then I have 150 years worth of photos to scrap so I wasn't too worried about finding the perfect photo.

I have some gems and pop dots and layered silk flowers, but the layout is flat enough to get into a page protector!  I used Rock Candy Stickles on some of the flowers.  I found that adorable butterfly in my stash.  The bling matches the glittery heart on dd's shirt.  I also used the yellow doily I found in the PIT box.  I thought it could represent the sun and fit the sketch.  I pounced it with some fluid chalk ink to make it match the yellow in the BG letters.

PAGES IN TIME MAY ARTIST OF THE MONTH
Congratulations to Beata.  Her layouts are stunning.  She's been chosen as Artist of the Month.  There are so many beautiful layouts in her gallery at Pages In Time. Please join me there to see her work and congratulate here.

At Pages In Time we have monthly challenges, interest groups, Tuesday's Technique, Thursday's Sketch of the Week, a chance to be Artist of the Month or your work chosen as Layout of the Week, and right now we have a Design Team call.  I moved from Guest Design Team member to permanent member of the Design Team.  I'd love to see you at Pages In Time.  There are several links to the right on my sidebar.

11 comments:

deb famularo said...

Happy NSD Helene! Beautiful layout! Yaa, we were worried about that weather coming through Dallas, but it missed us luckily!
Have a great weekend! xOxO

Jennipher Lowery AKA stamptician said...

I love the gorgeous shades of pink and orange used here. So bright and fun. Great scrapbook page.

Zoechaos said...

Trust your weather front has passed now it was chucking it down here yesterday but what we think of as dramatic weather you would probably just smile at :)

Beautiful page so right for two pretty little girls.

Lindsay Weirich said...

Bring on the color! What a great page to wake up to!

Clare Lloyd said...

that is such a gorgeous LO! fab colours too. ClareX

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Love all the flowers, so colorful!

Kay F said...

Congrats on becoming a permanent PIT girl! Great job with that sketch--your layout has so many cute little details to admire...

Linda M. Cain said...

Oh, this is just too cute!

Lynn Stevens said...

Hi Helene,
Such a fun and summery page. Just precious!!!

Thanks so much for being one of my favorite followers! and for posting on your blog. You now have 3 entries!
Best of luck GF
Lynn

bookaddict4real said...

Congradulations on becoming permanent! Yu deserve it! I like how you rocked that pink and orange!(www.scrapaddict4sure.com)

Deborah March said...

What an absolutely FABULOUS, cheerful layout!!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album