Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lifting a Foil Tag

 At the Flying Unicorn, we have a Spotlight Member of the Week in the Gallery section.  Then in the Challenge section of the Forum, we have a weekly challenge to "lift" the spotlight member.  This is a fantastic way to get to know the art and style of the spotlight member.  This past week Gisele was the in the spotlight.  One of the items she has in her gallery is a foil tag.  That was what I decided to lift.
Gisele had crumpled foil; I ran mine thru the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder.  Then I applied some alcohol ink for the same effect she had.  The treats sticker and the witches' hats sticker are Fancy Pants Oct. 31 Glitter Cuts from the Flying Unicorn Store. The green brad is Pink Paislee Phantom also from the Flying Unicorn Store.  I used some black netting that I rescued and reused from a ham wrap. 


I'm entering this in the Be Transparent Challenge #26 at Vicki's The Cheerful Stamp Pad because the Glitter Cuts are transparent.

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

lovely tag, and thanks for playing along at *The cheerful stamps pad* Valerie.

Georgie Horn said...

this is freaking CUTE!! I gotta get my tooshie over to the flying unicorn site soon! Come by for a little laugh
http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2011/09/turkey-leg-thursday.html

Netty said...

Terrific tag and love the results. x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

A great idea!
Gisele is a wonderful artist and a lovely friend.
Wishes
Lynne

Lori said...

I think it's a fabulous tag! Love the metal, and the colors are wonderful! Was the ham good?? lol!

Gisèle said...

You already know how much I adore your tag, but I will say it again; it is FABULOUS. Thanks for the shout out !

Starr said...

Amazing tag. I love this technique.

Sandi McLean said...

The tag is terrific! Love the colours.

Heather said...

Wonderful lift of Gisele's work. Love the embossed foil :-)

Vicki Romaine said...

FABULOUS tag. I really like the embossed foiled and the bow from netting. Thanks for joining "Be Transparent" at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Vicki Romaine said...

Congratulations Helene. You are the winner of "Be Transparent" on the Cheerful Stamp Pad. Please contact me with your address.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album