Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bird Cage Card for Gecko Galz

This month for my design team project, I chose one of the beautiful black and white digital "stamps" in the Paris Flea Market set to create this card for Gecko Galz.  


If you are a frequent reader of my blog, you may recall that recently my two daughters "gifted" me their scrapbooking supplies as they decided it really was mom's hobby, not theirs.  DD1 gave me a slew of Heidi Grace papers and embellishments.  I thought the patterns perfectly matched the Gecko Galz bird cage in the center of this card.


To create some interest, I used my new set of Spellbinders Nestabilites Curved Rectangles for layering.  I thought the fun shape added to the whimsy feel of the birdcages.  


The link to Gecko Galz is HERE.  Right now there is a sale going on.....
Buy one digital collage sheet get one FREE!   NO LIMITS
Just purchase your collage sheets as normal then for your freebies email us the title at geckogalz@yahoo.com


If you like challenges, we have many Ephemera Emporium Crafting Challenges with various due dates.  You'll find them listed on the Gecko Galz homepage with a link to our Gecko Galz Papercrafting Yahoo Group.

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice card, like the colour contrasts and the different bird cages! It has a definite Paris flair to it, too. Valerie

Brenda Brown said...

That paper matches perfectly, love the spellbinders shape too.
xox

1CardCreator said...

Great idea to combine them, they do look perfect together! Sounds like a good deal over at Gecko Galz, I'm on my way to check it out! Oh and watch out, my DD decided the same thing, and now every time she visits she takes more back to her stash, decided she likes it after all. lol.

1CardCreator said...

Wow, there are some great new sets! I bought the Marie's Garden collection and the Deco Divas were my freebie! Great sale, thanks again for sharing!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful card.

Sharon said...

Beautiful card Helene!!

Ali Manning said...

Great card - I'm lovin' those dies!

Micupoftea said...

Nice combo, like the little bird! Striking color mix :)

Gerri Herbst said...

So very sweet! Love that little bird cage. take care, gerri

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album