Thursday, September 20, 2012

Back to Blogging

My son got married Saturday to an amazing woman. I'm so happy for both of them and for us as a family. The wedding preparations-- and then a full week of entertaining out of town guests who came to help us celebrate-- kept me away from the computer, blogging and crafting (although I made the guest book and some thank you cards). I now am on the downside of housecleaning and can get back to blogging.  A big thanks to Shar and Leanne for graciously giving me time away from my design team duties.

My friends at Prairie Art Stamps in Springfield, IL helped me glue the spine of the guest book.  While there at the store, they insisted that I do the Make and Take card.  To be perfectly honest, I was a bit preoccupied with the wedding to really relax, but I listened to my friends, sat down, and put together this:



USArtQuest Materials used: Gildenglitz, Texture Sponge, Duo Adhesive, Mica Color water color paints

I think this is a great card to complement my new blog look for the autumn season

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

A lovely card indeed, and your new blog look is fab. Glad your son is now safe in good hands! Valerie

SusanK said...

Congrats on the new daughter-in-law! The card is gorgeous! Sure do wish gas wasn't so expensive; makes a trip over there costly and that's before I shop at PAS!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is gorgeous! Glad the wedding went well,

Lucy x

Lori said...

Well congratulations! Your book cover is just fabulous!

Anonymous said...

So glad everything went well and that you are pleased with it all. Love the card, beautiful colours for autumn and I agree perfect for your new blog which is also fabulous.
Hope you are having a great week now the cleaning is out of the way.
Hugs Brenda xox

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic card, the flower looks wonderful.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous card Helene!! And congrats to your son & new daughter-in-law!

Micupoftea said...

Congrats on the expanding family, Helene! LOVE the mica on the card....so cool. HAPPY Fall :)
shawn

Emily D. said...

Beautiful card!! Congratulations to your son! And to you for gaining another family member!!

hazel said...

Fabulous card Helene, glad the wedding went well.
xxx Hazel.

Anonymous said...

How lovely that there was such a special event in your family, I am sure the wedding was the most special of days.
Love the dynamic nature of your card, fabulous.
Wishes
Lynne

Lynn Stevens said...

Love the Bling and Congrats to the new couple!!
hugs Lynn

Sandi McLean said...

Congratulations and yet another new family member! Welcome back to bloggy land. Like the new background was looking for vintage halloween though LOL

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card, congratulations on your sons wedding!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album