Saturday, June 14, 2014

Summer of Color Week One: Alice Paper Doll

For my first Summer of Color project I decided to do paper piecing since paper crafting is my main medium.  Of course we can do a series of something similar or go with something totally different for each of the six weeks' of prompts.  Right now, in week one, I'm thinking of making six paper dolls.

Week One's color prompt is

Aqua blue, yellow and a pop, splash or smudge of hot pink

I've also signed up for the Mad Tea Party in July so I'm doing double duty here, creating Alice in her tea party frock.


Materials: Julie Nutting Doll Stamp by Prima
Tea Party digital papers by Samatha Walker which I won from Gecko Galz.
Martha Stewart keys
Crafty Secrets sentiment stamp
Copic markers (on hair) Y11, Y15
Pink ribbon from Lickety Split
pink gems from stash

Entering these challenges this week ( I have 2 new ones through Challenge for Days):

Tag Along Challenge #42 Use Pink A Little or a Lot
A Little Bit Crafty:  Child's Play
Crafts Galore Encore June Challenge:  Use a stamp or a digi stamp

16 comments:

JenHoney said...

So cute! Love the ribbon as your pop of hot pink.

Wendy said...

fantastic tag Helene...love the teacup paper and your stamp. Wonderful paper piecing for the design. She looks great. Pretty ribbon and keys. Great make for the color combo!

Krisha said...

This is such a pretty tag Helene!
Great play on the SOC colors.

Electra said...

I love the whismy of this Helene!!

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful tag, love the gorgeous rich colours and the keys look fabulous.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Crafty Judith said...

hi hun super job and what a lotta dots lol hugs judith x

Michele said...

fabulous! the colors are so bright and the creation is perfect. xo

Clare Lloyd said...

She is great!

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh, so pretty! I'm a sucker for anything AIW and the colors here just sing. xxD

Margik said...

This card is really fabulous!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I just love how you used the stamp here! Your work of art is so whimsical and pretty! You used the SOC colors beautifully!

Caz said...

awww how adorable is this?!?

Penny Lee StewArt said...

Adorable paper doll. One of my favorite pastimes as a child was making paper dolls and houses. You are so clever to make the items fit in several challenges. I do that a lot. Such fun!

Unknown said...

Very sweet tag. I really like the teapot paper!

Sharon said...

A beautiful tag!

GlorV1 said...

Great job with the colors.
Gloria

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album